As a pre-medical student (undergrad or high school), you may only function as an observer. There are also a number of forms that must be completed prior to setting up an experience. Students are limited to two half-days, either 8:00am-12:00pm or 1:00pm-5:00pm.
Prior to setting up an experience, students will need to:
- Read and sign the student clinical observer agreement.
- Read and sign the confidentiality agreement.
- Complete an on-line OSHA safety measure course and print off the confirmation to return with the application.
- Provide a copy of your immunization record.
- Complete HIPAA training. This may be set up by contacting Michelle Knox at 364-5891.
The application can be found by clicking on the following link: Pre-Medical Observation Experience – Undergraduates and High School Students
Once the application and training has been complete, students should contact Michelle Knox to work on setting up a shadowing experience. Please note that this may take up to three weeks to schedule.